Truer words have never been spoken.
Aww, this was too inspirational of a picture to not reblog. I love the smile on her face and how she’s so confident and happy with herself, like we should all be :)
6 Health Benefits of Chicken
Chicken is one of the most popular foods in the world, and for good reason. It is a lean source of protein that contains essential nutrients and vitamins. When we talk about the health benefits of chicken, we are talking only about organic, free-range, hormone and antibiotic free chicken. Factory farmed chicken is full of antibiotics and added hormones that are not good for the human body. Here are six health benefits of chicken:
- Cancer Protection - Chicken is rich in niacin (vitamin B3), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection. One small serving of chicken can meet your niacin requirements for the entire day. The selenium in chicken is also believed to be protective against cancer.
- Brain Health - The niacin in chicken is also essential for brain health and may have protective effects against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Heart Health - The vitamin B6 in chicken keeps the heart healthy by keeping homocysteine levels low. High homocysteine levels cause damage to the walls of the blood vessels.
- Thyroid Health - The selenium in chicken helps to keep thyroid function normal. One study found that selenium deficiency may lead to thyroid problems such as low T3 levels.
- Weight Loss - Chicken is a great food to eat if you’re trying to lose weight because it lower in fat and calories that other meats such as beef and pork, while also being higher in protein.
- Energy Booster - Chicken boosts your energy thanks to vitamins B6 and B3, both of which are important in the body’s If you are starting to feel a little tired or worn out, try eating some chicken to give your body a boost of nutrients, lean protein, and calories that will boost your energy levels.
Page 1 of 152